Get ready to elevate your game at LIFT: R24, our exclusive in-club lifting competition! Whether you’re a seasoned lifter or a novice looking to dive in, this is your chance to shine. We’re bringing you the first-ever event of its kind, featuring three iconic lifts: Squats, Bench Press, and Deadlifts.
Date: Saturday 14th October
Time: 9am – till all lifts are complete (allow a few hours +)
Location: Ready 24 Gym, Yeppoon
Lifts: Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts – three classic lifts to test your power.
Open to all: Novice or expert, all are welcome to compete and push their limits.
Registration Fee: $30 per athlete. Includes Exclusive Comp Shirt.
Cash Prizes: We’re upping the ante! There’s a $200 purse for both men’s and women’s categories, so your strength could earn you more than just bragging rights.
Although not affiliated with a federation, LIFT : R24 will follow Global Powerlifting Committee Rules. Please make yourself familiar with them here:
- Comp check-in available from 8am – 8.45am
- Please know your squat bar hook height, face-saver pin & bench press pin height prior to comp day. These plus your start weight on all lifts, will be required on your official LIFT : R24 Scorecard that you will receive when you check-in on comp morning.
- Depending on the number of athletes, you may need to allow 3+ hours from start to finish of the LIFT : R24 event.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Spectators and support crew are welcome to view the event for free at Ready 24 Gym.
- Overall lifts will be scored using the Wilks Formula – The Wilks score strength level calculator determines the power-to-weight ratio of an individual. Then, you can compare this result to another lifter to reveal the person with the highest strength level.
- $200 will be awarded to overall Male and Female athletes.
- Registrations close 9th October, 2023.